Terms & Conditions
Rental Terms and Conditions
When the word 'Company' appears in the text, it always means UNIQUE sa.. The word 'Customer' means the client who rents the car. 'Authorized Driver' means the client or any other member of their party also listed as an additional driver on the rental contract. 'Vehicle' means the Vehicle described in the overleaf. 'DLW' means Damage Liability Waiver. 'TPI' means Third Party Insurance relating to Third Party motor liability. 'Insurer' means the insurance company through which TPI is arranged.
1. The Company agrees to let and the Customer agrees to rent the Vehicle and accepts the Terms and Conditions as stated herein. The Customer is renting a specific brand and model type. The Customer may request a certain color and the Company will try to provide it, but under no circumstances can Vehicle color constitute a reason for cancelling a reservation. In the case that a predefined vehicle type is not available, the company will upgrade the rental to a superior type at no extra charge.
2. The Customer will pay the Company on demand all charges due hereunder including where relevant, sums in respect of DLW, surcharges, additional charges and VAT or other taxes thereon.
3. DLW and TPI are available through the Company. There will be an additional charge for TPI.
The Company will always require a current, full driver's license held for a minimum 2 years prior to rental (and perhaps longer for certain vehicle type according to insurance requirements), and reserves the right to inspect any license prior to delivery of the Vehicle. Minimum driver age of the Customer ranges from 25 -30 years depending on the type and model of vehicle. Rates are also dependent on the car type and model.
TPI will not cover loss of or damage to the Vehicle caused by driver abuse; nor will DLW apply in these circumstances.
Vehicles for which DLW and TPI are taken out are rented to the Customer on condition that the Customer complies with their respective terms and conditions.
The Insurer will not accept liability for loss and damage caused while a Vehicle is rented to a Customer who does not comply with these terms and conditions; nor will DLW apply in these circumstances.
TThe Customer agrees to make any payment necessary to put the Company in the same position as it would have been in if the breach of the relevant terms and conditions had not occurred.
TThe Customer will supply any information concerning the driver(s) of the rented Vehicle to the Company upon demand and undertakes to allow the Company direct access to the driver(s) of the Vehicle and will fully co-operate in obtaining such access.
If DLW is not taken by the Customer, the Customer will be liable for the full cost of any damage sustained to the Vehicle. In all cases where Customer's own insurance has not been arranged, TPI is mandatory. For the avoidance of doubt waiver Excess applies not only to damage but also theft of the Vehicle. The Customer will use his best endeavors to supply full details of any Third Party Vehicle involved in any accident with the Vehicle.
4. Company reserves the right to inspect and verify the validity of any Customer's driving license.
5. The Customer acknowledges that notwithstanding the provisions of (3) and (4) above they have the duty to ensure that all reasonable care is taken of the Vehicle against damage, loss or theft throughout the rental period.
The Customer accepts responsibility for any loss or damage to the Vehicle caused by his willful act or negligence. This includes but is not restricted to responsibility for any loss or damage to the Vehicle or its accessories as a result of theft occurring when the Customer or his servant or agent has left the keys in or with the Vehicle and the Customer hereby indemnifies the Company against such loss or damage.
6.Adherence to legal restrictions:
(a) The Customer undertakes to ensure that the Vehicle is not subject to overloading in respect of number of passengers or total weight carried.
(b) The Vehicle is not allowed to be taken out of the country of origin, or to be transported.
7. The Customer undertakes to return the Vehicle with all tires, tools, audio equipment and other accessories in the same condition as when delivered, to the place and on the date set down in the overleaf. If specialized cleaning is required for whatever reason, the Company will make a separate charge to cover the cost of any cleaning and/or repair work required.
8. The Company undertakes to provide a Vehicle to the Customer which is in good working order and which functions satisfactorily throughout the rental period.
If the Vehicle breaks down during the rental period (but only for reasons attributable to the Company's negligence or default), the Company undertakes to place the Customer in the position which he would have been in, had the breach not taken place.
Therefore the Company will, in the event that the Vehicle breaks down, arrange the following as soon as reasonably practicable after being informed of the breakdown:
(a) Recovery and repair of the rented Vehicle so that it is rendered functional, to a satisfactory extent, for the remainder of the rental period and/or,
(b)Where the rented Vehicle cannot be so repaired, provision of a replacement vehicle, of an equivalent standard and size to the rented Vehicle, to the Customer for the remainder of the rental period.
Provision of this service in circumstances other than those shown above shall be at the discretion of the Company.
9.Where the Vehicle develops a fault during the rental period owing to any reason whatsoever, the Customer undertakes to inform the Company immediately, and must refrain from use of the Vehicle while it is not roadworthy.
10.Vehicles are rented at an agreed daily rate, one day being defined as any period of 24 hours from the time of commencement of the rental agreement. A grace period of 59 minutes is allowed for after the time the Vehicle is due back. After that grace period an additional day's rental will be charged.
11. Cancellation policy:
For all car categories there are the following Cancellation Fees:
50% of the total rental amount for cancellation within 14 Days of arrival.
100% of the total rental amount for cancellation within 72 hours prior to rental delivery.
If your reservation is cancelled "on time" this means that there is no cancellation fee paid to UNIQUE S.A. toward the use of the Vehicle. There will however be a minimum administration fee of 15% (either of the prepayment or the whole amount) for actual expenses incurred in the processing of your reservation (i.e. phone, fax, bank fees for transaction reversal etc.).
Please note that we are unable to give a refund if you return the vehicle earlier than the reservation's return date and time.
12. Extension of the rental period:
(a) In the event that the Customer requires the Vehicle for a longer period than that originally stated in the rental agreement, the Customer must notify the Company at least 24 hours prior to the completion of the contracted rental period. The Company will do its best to allow the Customer to retain the same Vehicle; however in the event that the specific make/model has already been contracted to another client, the company will make every effort to provide an equivalent replacement.
(b) In the event that the Customer fails to notify the Company of any such requirement, their authority to retain said Vehicle may, at the Company's discretion, terminate. In that event the Customer will become liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Company as a result of their refusal to return the Vehicle. The Company reserves the right, in the event of such failure of notification, to use any such means as it may choose to recover said Vehicle.
(c) If the rental is to be extended beyond 28 days, the Customer must notify the Company of the mileage of the Vehicle. The Company reserves the right to substitute a suitable replacement Vehicle in the event that the original Vehicle should require scheduled service.
(d) In the event that a Vehicle being rented should reach the mileage at which a routine service is due, the Customer undertakes to notify the Company and make that Vehicle available to the Company for such service to be carried out, or for the Vehicle to be replaced at the Company's discretion.
13. Delivery and Collection: are complimentary within city limits, and to/from Airports and Ports. For deliveries made between 20:00 h and 08:00 h there will be an additional charge.
14. If the Customer has complied with all the terms and conditions stipulated herein, then but not otherwise, and subject to condition 5 above, responsibility for loss or damage to the Vehicle or its accessories is:
(a) The full cost of any damage to the Vehicle if DLW has not been purchased.
(b) Limited to the price paid for DLW and the excess payable, where DLW has been purchased.
15. All Vehicles are delivered with a full tank of fuel. The customer is responsible for returning the Vehicle with a full tank.
16.Motor Vehicle Laws and Regulations:
(a) The Customer is liable for any and all penalties or fines for traffic violations incurred during the rental period, in accordance with the laws of the country in which the rental is executed. In the event that the Company has to provide the Customer's details to the authority levying such penalty, or same remains unpaid, the Customer shall be charged an additional amount equivalent to the actual cost of the penalty or fine
(b) Upon completion of the rental it is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that the Vehicle is parked in a suitable place to allow for its collection within a period of up to six working hours after the time of termination stated in the rental agreement, without exposing the Vehicle to risk of any parking fines or clamping, towing or impound charges. If this provision is not complied with the Customer shall be held responsible for such penalties, fines or charges incurred. If these remain unpaid they shall be charged to the Customer, together with an amount equivalent to the actual cost of the penalty incurred.
(c)If the Vehicle is seized by Customs & Excise or the Immigration Authorities the Customer shall be charged for any Civil Penalties and/or restoration charges as well as loss of income whilst the Company cannot rent out the Vehicle.
17. Customer agrees that the Vehicle will not be used:
(a) For the transport of passengers or property for hire or financial reward.
(b) For racing, reliability trials/speed testing or driving instruction.
(c) In violation of the provision of any legislation, order or regulation affecting the use, loading or condition of the Vehicle or for any illegal purpose.
18. The Vehicle will not be driven by any person:
(a) Other than the Customer or additional drivers clearly stated upon the original rental agreement.
(b) Who is under the age specified by the Company in relation to the specific vehicle rented, details of which will be made available at the time the reservation is made. In certain destinations higher age limits may apply.
(c) Who has not held a valid full driving license for a minimum period of two years.
(d) Who is under the influence of alcohol, or any other controlled substance, including prescription medications, that may in any way impair judgment or driving ability.
(e) Whose driving license is subject to restrictions due to disability, infirmity or as a consequence of any criminal litigation.
19.The Customer acknowledges that any personal property placed within the Vehicle is done so at their own risk and that the Company has no responsibility for such property.
20. The Customer will at the Company's request do all required by the Company on its behalf and on behalf of the Insurers and permit his name to be used by the Company in the act of enforcing any rights or remedies against any persons in connection with the Vehicle.
21. The Company reserves the right to terminate the rental to which this agreement refers if it becomes aware of any breach by the Customer of these terms and conditions.
Upon breach of the above terms and conditions the Company may give your personal details to credit reference agencies, the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), Customs & Excise, the Police, debt collectors and any other relevant organization.
22. The Customer acknowledges that the Company is entitled to charge any credit card nominated at the time the rental is initiated for any charges due to the Company pursuant to this agreement.